what is sound MEDITATION?
Sound Meditation invites us to practice deep listening, to tune into the subtlety of harmonic frequencies, and to offer our sensitivity to the effects of resonant instrumentations + vocalizations.
Working with sound in an intentional + meditative way can bring balance + deep relaxation to our whole system. With over-tone harmonic vibrations created by crystal singing bowls, chimes, drumming and voice, we are offered the opportunity to find a space of regeneration, meditation + creative activation; shifting our brainwaves to both alpha (creative + calm) and theta
(deep meditation + relaxation) states.
We listen not just with our ears but with every cell, water and bone within our body; therefore sound vibration has the potential to effect every part of our system.
benefits of sound
- Balances the nervous system
- Improves mental clarity
- Enhances creativity + can stimulate psychedelic responses
- Helpful in meditation + dream-work
- Helpful in stress relief
- Pain management due to endorphin release
- Boosts immunity
- Can provide relief of anxiety, stress, depression
- Helps bring healing to areas of physical upset
- Helps with insomnia and sleep disorders
- Can provide states of deep relaxation; moving our brainwaves toward Alpha + Theta and (sometimes) Delta states