FRIDAY, MAY 3RD - SUNDAY, MAY 5TH
@ WILD HEART HEALING ARTS SPACE, PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY
Hello musical beings!
Welcome to SOUND/WORK: a weekend immersion + retreat away from the city for
practitioners + explorers looking to delve into the medicines of sound + vibrational meditation. Working with sound in an intentional + meditative way can bring balance, harmony and deep relaxation to our whole system, from the most simple and subtle methods to large facilitated sound ceremonies.
Our landing space will be at the beautiful WILD HEART HEALING ARTS SPACE in Picton, Prince Edward County.
Our work over the weekend will cover the following:
- What is Sound Healing / Sound Meditation?
- The History of Sound as Medicine
- Ancestral Music Lines
- Science + Mysticism of Music
- Sonic Meditations + Deep Listening
- Medicine of Mantra - (chanting / Bhuta Shuddhi practice)
- Finding Voice (toning / nature sounds / singing)
- Soundscaping / The Importance of Intentional Playlist Curation
- Instrumentation + Musical Vessels
- The Creation of Sound Ceremonies / Sound Meditations via the Sound Alchemy Method
...and much more!
"At the root of all power and motion, there is music and rhythm, the play of patterned frequencies
against the matrix of time. We know that every particle in the physical universe takes its characteristics from the pitch and pattern and overtones of its particular frequencies, its singing.
Before we make music, music makes us."
- Joachim-Ernst Berendt, The World is Sound
WHO IS THIS FOR?
This foundational sound immersion is here for those who are already working in the wellness + creative realms wishing to integrate sound into their offerings (yoga teachers, meditation guides, dance space holders, therapists, caregivers, nurses, doctors, art makers, creatives) and those who are simply interested in the science and mysticism of sound as medicine.
There 12 spots are available for this training.
Because of the intimate nature of this weekend there will be a short application process for me to know your intentions and desires better!
- Exchange: $350.00
- Scholarships are available for BIPOC + LGTBQ2 folks (please include this on your application!)
- Accommodation is not included. If you are looking to share a rental with someone please let me know and I will connect you!
- Lunch is included on Saturday and Sunday.
- 12 spots available.
For the application process and to register,
please email me at: email@example.com
* a non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to secure your place in this immersion *
" A person does not hear sound only through the ears; he hears sound through every pore of his body.
It permeates the entire being, and according to its particular influence either slows or quickens the rhythm of the blood circulation; it either wakens or soothes the nervous system. It arouses a person to greater passions or it calms him by bringing him peace. According to the sound and its influence a certain effect is produced.
Sound becomes visible in the form of radiance."
- Hazrat Inayat Khan, Mysticism of Sound