Potential benefits of sound
No matter your ancestry or background, each and every culture in the world has sound and music traditions that have been used / are used for healing, ritual, ceremony and communal connection. Sound Meditations themselves are intentional gatherings where we listen deeply to support our nervous systems and the imaginal realms within us through music and soundscapes.
When sound meditations are offered in an intentional, intelligent way there can be many health and creative benefits for listeners! Because everyone listens and digests sound in different ways our experiences will often be unique and different from one another (and truly different each time we arrive at a sound offering!). You may experience some or none of the following when you come to a sound meditation.
Some of these benefits may include:
- Balances the nervous system
- Improves mental clarity
- Enhances creativity + can stimulate
dream-like / psychedelic states
- Helpful in meditation + dream-work
- Helpful in stress, anxiety, depressive relief
- Pain management due to endorphin release
- Helps bring mending to areas of physical upset
- Helpful with insomnia and sleep disorders
- Can provide states of deep relaxation;
moving our brainwaves toward Alpha, Theta and Delta states.